The design of your listing goes hand-in-hand with how well your listing performs. By enhancing your guest experience you can attain back-to-back bookings. Like I always say 5-Star Listings = More Money! Here are a few small design changes that can make a huge difference in how each room in your listing looks and feels to your guests.
- Painted front doors make great listing photos - If you have the ability to paint your door a show stopping color, DO IT.
- Adding a wreath to your front door creates a welcoming first impression
- Curtains! Hang curtains along all windows to draw eyes upwards. Guideline: Hang curtains 6" from the ceiling
- Create an "open-floor plan" in your living area. When guests walk in through the door, you want to position your furniture so that guest can walk straight into your living room.
Heads in beds = bums in seats
Coffee Station - If you have the counter space, setup a nice coffee station...include tea if you can.
A nice coffee station makes a great picture opportunity
- ALWAYS include 2 nightstands. With the exception of a twin bed. Guests need a place to keep their devices, jewelry, glasses and other small personal effects.
- Use nightstand lamps that have USB ports or AC-outlets. Guests see added conveniences like this as touches of luxury (sounds like 5-stars to me!)
- For a sleek look, store your body wash, shampoo and conditioner in a wall-mounted soap dispenser.
- Eliminate the need to get matching bottles
- Easy refill/inventory management process for your cleaners
- If you don't have adequate lighting in your backyard, opt for string lights. Nothing worse than a space that guest cannot enjoy throughout their stay.
- For shade, a canopy awning is an affordable alternative to a Pergola
By making these small changes you're sure to instantly upgrade every room in your Airbnb listing. If you found these tips helpful, check out the recommended items from my tried-and-true design formula to satisfied guests and profitable 5-star bookings!
Need help setting up and designing your 5-star listing? Send me a note!